Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

In honor of Father's Day, I thought I would post a pic of a card that I pulled a while back that commemorates a father and son that both played the game of baseball. The card is a 2007 Topps Co-Signers, Co-Signers Autographed card of Floyd and Brian Bannister, both featured playing for the Royals.


This got me thinking about some of the other father-son baseball combos out there. I think that the Griffeys are probably the most famous (could be a little biased because Griffey Jr. is my favorite player) because they played as teammates. Remember their back-to-back homeruns in 1990. Other father-son baseball combos include the Ripkens and Boones. Let me know who else comes to mind. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment