Monday, August 10, 2009

Book Review: 'Why I Love Baseball' by Larry King

Larry King? Yes, that Larry King.


For those of you who didn't know, Larry King - award winning, television talk-show host, is a huge baseball fan. So what do you do when you are famous and are passionate about something other than the reason you are famous? I got this book at a dollar store a while back and finally got around to reading it. I really enjoyed it. Mr. King describes his childhood, growing up in Brooklyn as a die hard Dodgers fan during the 1950's. He talks about some of the baseball players he has gotten to interview over the years. He discusses owners, uniforms and ballparks. He talks about how he was sitting next to New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani during game 2 of the 2000 World Series, when Roger Clemens threw a piece of bat at Mike Piazza as he jogged to first. The book wasn't very structured, more like a collection of his thoughts on the game of baseball.

2 comments:

  1. got any more Marlin card?? i have a bunch of D-backs that i wanna get rid of... let me know i'm also putting a little something in the mail for you for the Maybin.... Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am putting together a Marlins package for you. So far I have only found a few Willis cards but I will keep looking.

    ReplyDelete