Sunday, October 18, 2009

Book review: Vindicated by Jose Canseco


I recently finished reading Vindicated, by Jose Canseco. Let me start by saying that I am not a huge fan of Canseco, but I don’t dislike him either. Vindicated is the follow up to his 2005 best seller Juiced. I think I was hoping that Canseco would blow me away with some of the names that he named in this book, but I think that performance-enhancing drugs in sports is now so common that there are very few names that would blow me away, if I found out that they were using some sort of performance enhancing drug. I think that the biggest shock that I got from reading Vindicated was how much Jose Canseco hates Alex Rodriguez. In fact, on page 190, he writes: “So A-Rod, if you’re reading this book, and if I’m not getting through to you, let’s get clear on one thing: I hate your ------- guts.” Most of this hatred comes from the fact that Rodriguez apparently had a thing for Canseco’s wife. Anyways, I enjoyed the book and wish Jose the best.

1 comment: