Thursday, November 26, 2009

Unexpected Baseball Cards

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was fantastic! We had dinner at my Mother-in-law's house and then we went to my parents house for dessert. When we got to my parents house I noticed that they had decorations up. Upon further inspection, I noticed that they were baseball decorations. When we walked into the family room, everyone yelled congratulations! I finished my MBA last week, and my wife and family had planned a little something to celebrate as a surprise. There was a sign that read, Try to stump the Baseball MASTER. (MASTER, because I now have a Master's Degree.) They put together some baseball trivia and it was me against everyone else, first to 10 points won. I, of course won, and my prize was a 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights rack pack, 5 retail 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights packs, a 2009 Upper Deck Series 1 pack, and a 2009 Bowman Chrome hobby box. Geat prizes! It's late so I am only going to post the results of the packs. I will try to post the box break tomorrow. Here goes.

2009 Topps Updates and Highlights rack pack

Jeff Nemann Gold version 1519/2009 - Something tells me this wasn't Jeffs best game.

Zack Greinke Porpeganda Poster Card

Ken Giffey Jr. Season Highlights card commemorating his 8th homer on Opening Day

Paul Komerko/Jermaine Dye Season highlights card commemorating their back-to-back 300th home runs. I don't have ESPN, but how did I miss hearing about this during the season?

Nolan Ryan Legends of the Game insert - Sweet card!


2009 Topps Updates & highlights Pack 1

Randy Johnson as a Giant, yuck!

2009 Topps Updates & highlights Pack 2
Roy Halloday Gold 0431/2009


2009 Topps Updates & highlights Pack 3
Randy Johnson Topps Turkey Red

2009 Topps Updates & highlights Pack 4
Albert Pujols Propeganda Poster Card insert - Sweet Card!

Mark & Daniel Schlereth - Welcome to the Big Show - Mark played for the Denver Broncos and Daniel plays for the Diamondbacks


2009 Topps Updates & highlights Pack 5

Nolan Ryan Legends of the Game insert - My second one.


2009 Upper Deck Series 1 pack

Cameron Garfield USA Baseball - This kid was born in 1991, boy am I getting old.
Reds Team Leader card

Placido Polanco - Check out the look on his face.

Roy Halloday and Dan Haren, two of the best pitchers today.

1 comment: