Friday, December 11, 2009

Card Shop Purchase

I went to the Card Shop today and picked up this 2003 Donruss Classics Dress Code Quad Relic card of then Chicago Cubs pitcher Mark Prior. The card features pieces of Prior's Jersey, Feilding Glove, Hat, and Shoe. It's numbered on the back, 139/250. I know that Mark is not the pitcher that he once was, but I thought that this was a pretty sweet card. Oh, and the price was right. Any guesses on what I paid? Lower...lower...lower.



I got it for $3.00. That's less than a dollar per piece of memorabilia!

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a creative and cool jersey piece. That has a feel to it beyond most of them.

    Prior has some status in fan's minds forever, but even if that was a player who never did a thing that card would still be cool.

    If he ever comes back it will be the greatest return in history. I have a red auto of his numbered to 35 I believe. A USA set sticker thingy. I forget exact numbering...

    Nice score! I'll send you my address so u can ship it to me post haste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Ken here. That relic card is awesome. Can't imagine what you would have paid for it in 03. Not that I bought any Prior cards around then. Oh, wait...(hangs head in shame)

    ReplyDelete