Saturday, December 19, 2009

Usually "Dinged Corners" are a bad thing

As a card collector, usually opening up a pack and seeing dinged corners is a bad thing. However, as a card blogger, getting a package from Dinged Corners is a different story. Patricia, of Dinged Corners, and I completed two trades in one this week. We had been discussing 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Target retro cards (something that I was not familiar with until she pointed them out) and then I saw a post of hers requesting mini's from T206. I hand picked a few T206 base cards that she had listed. Thanks Patricia! Here is what I got.

2009 T206 Justin Upton - Justin was an All-Star in 2009 and has a lot of potential. i just want to see him hustle more.




2009 T206 Josh Whitesell Bronze parallel - Not sure if Josh will see much more playing time with the Diamondbacks, but I think that he is a good young player.



2009 T206 Ken Griffey Jr. - Not a very flattering card of Griffey, but one I wanted. (I will devote a post at a later date, to why I wanted this card)



2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Target Retro Parallel - The top card is the regular 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights card and the bottom one is the Target Retro Parallel card. The Topps logo on the front is different, the Target card is thicker, and the back is cardboard. Patricia sent me a nice little stack of these parallel cards. Here are just a couple of them.



2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Target Retro Parallel of Edwin Jackson - One of the newest members of the Arizona Diamondbacks



2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Target Retro Parallel of Ken Griffey Jr. - I didn't know which Target Retro cards Patricia would be sending, so getting a Griffey was a nice surprize!


No comments:

Post a Comment