Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birthday Box Break: 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game

Yesterday was my birthday and so I had some spending money. I went to a card shop that I hadn't been to in years, The Batter's Box. I broke down and got a box instead of singles. I just felt like opening a box on my birthday. After opening it, I wish I would have added some singles to my personal collection. I got a box of 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game. 15 packs - 5 cards per pack. 2 Autographs and 2 game-used per box. An average of 1 insert per pack.

Pack #1 - The Pewter version is a parallel. I thought it was interesting that I got the Denny McLain base and pewter parallel in the same pack.



Pack #2 - George Foster bat card. Not great, but not bad.



Pack #3



Pack #4



Pack #5



Pack #6 - I really like the Nicknames insert set and might try to collect it.



Pack #7



Pack #8



Pack #9



Pack #10




Pack #11



Pack #12 - The Yount is a Copper Parallel numbered out of 299.



Pack #13 - Never heard of George 'Boomer' Scott before.



Pack #14



Pack #15


4 comments:

  1. Hey I'm trying to collect the base set. Any chance we can work out a trade to help me out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that Tiant card. Wanna trade?

    I also love the Boomer auto but doubt I have anything to send you in return. I'll check though...

    ReplyDelete