Sunday, October 10, 2010

Babe Ruth and Jorge Posada

Babe Ruth and Jorge Posada have several things in common. They both wore or wearYankee pinstripes. They have both won multiple World Series Championships. Ruth hit the first homerun in old Yankee Stadium and Posada hit the first homerun in the new Yankee Stadium. One thing I didn't realize that they had in common before finding both of their cards in a pack of 2010 Topps National Chicle was that they were the exact same height and weight, 6 foot 2 inches tall and 215 pounds.

I don't think I'm alone when I say that I always thought of Ruth as overweight, but I have never thought about Posada that way. I did a little research and found out that during the 1925 season Ruth weighed in at 254 pounds. During the off season he worked with a personal trainer and lost 44 pounds. He must have gained a few pounds back and settled in at 215 because everywhere I loked it listed him at 215 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment