Tuesday, May 10, 2011

1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview KIRBY PUCKETT

Thought that I would document this card on my blog before it finds its way into the hands of another collector. I'm selling this card on eBay to help me finance my 2011 MLB All-Star Game ticket strip. The website baseballcardpedia.com states this about the the 1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview cards: "The 100-card set was available through Pinnacle's Web site. Collectors who answered a series of trivia questions correctly would then receive one First Pitch Preview card via mail. The cards are similar in design except for the bronze foil highlights and logo on front designating them as "First Pitch Preview" cards." It goes on to state that "production has been estimated at only 50-60 copies of each card, making it one of the toughest promo sets of the era."

I remember getting this card in 1996 in the mail from Pinnacle. I don't however, remember having to answer a series of triva questions online in order to get it. Maybe I did and I just don't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment