Sunday, January 29, 2012

eBay Pick-Up: 1951 Bowman Vernon Law RC

I mentioned in my post yesterday that I had picked up a two card lot on eBay recently. I am offering the 1951 Bowman George Kell card up for trade. The reason I bought the lot was for this 1951 Bowman Vernon Law rookie card. My parents got me a book for Christmas called Kiss It Good-bye: The Mystery, the Mormon, and the Moral of the 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates by John Moody. It was a great book! John was just a kid (6 or 7 years old) during the 1960 season so he provided details from what he remembered from that time period growing up in Pittsburgh as well as information he gained from interviewing every living member of the 1960 Pirates team. The book focuses on John's boyhood idol, Vernon Law. While reading the book, I decided to pick up a vintage Law card and I found this rookie card and feel in love with it.

1 comment:

  1. I've read that book twice. Great book and great vintage Vern. LMK if you ever want to trade it, I'm very interested.

    ReplyDelete