Thursday, January 26, 2012

eBay Pick-Up: 1957 Topps Carl Furillo

I picked up this 1957 Topps Carl Furillo card with an Ebay gift card that I got for Christmas. I got the card earlier this month, but haven't had a chance to show it on my blog. I actually saw this card on someone else's blog (sorry, but I can't remember which blog it was) sometime in December and fell in love with it. Look at it. Isn't it amazing! The baggy flanel uniform, the fact that it's from when the Dodgers were in Brooklyn, I'm not a stadium expert, but I'm guessing that is the famed Ebbets Field in the background (correct me if I'm wrong) and my favorite part of all, the fact that Carl Furillo, the former N.L. batting champion is holding not one, not two, but three bats over his shoulder. For those of you who don't know, I collect cards of players holding multiple bats. This card also fit my vintage card collecting goals for 2012.


2 comments:

  1. That is a great looking card. I love it when an old ballpark shows in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i even love the simplicity of the alternating fonts on the card... it just SCREAMS "vintage"

    ReplyDelete