Sunday, January 27, 2013

I won an autographed bat on Twitter last night!

I checked Twitter right before bed last night and noticed that Diamondbacks minor league 3rd baseman Matt Davidson just finished up a contest for an autographed bat. The contest was won by fellow blogger Matt C. of MC's Autograph Signings. I also noticed that Davidson was going to be hosting another contest starting in about 20 minutes for another autographed bat. So I decided to stay up and wait. To win the bat you had to be the 25th person to correctly guess what type of wood his bats are made of. I guessed ash at first but then did a little research and found out that he uses SAM bats, which are made of maple. He didn't specify that you could only guess once, so I proceeded to guess maple until he announced that one of my guesses was the 25 correct response. I am super excited! Being a huge D-Backs fan, this was just awesome! It was after midnight, but I woke my wife up to tell her the good news. She was less than thrilled. Oh well! Not sure when I'll get the bat in the mail but he did follow me and had me send him my address in a direct message.

I follow a few fellow bloggers (Moe of My 2008 Topps Set Blog, 30 Year Old Cardboard, Fuji, MC's Autograph Signings, Plaschke Thy Sweater is Argyle, and Night Owl) on twitter but if you are on twitter let me know and I'll follow you. Thanks!

Here are a couple of Matt Davidson cards that I have. If we aren't able to resign Prado after this season, then the D-Backs will probably bring up Davidson to play 3rd base.



7 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at your "She was less than thrilled" comment. My wife asked me what was so funny and I had her read your post. She didn't find it humorous at all. Go figure.

    Nice snag! Love the Twitterverse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rolewiii, my friend. Looking for more bloggers on there...

    Great win, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not as active on Twitter, but once in a while I'm good for a smart ass comment...

    @RMitchell2767

    congrats on the bat win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pickup. Speaking of diamondback autos... I have something for you and it doesn't fit in a bubble mailer...

    ReplyDelete