Saturday, April 13, 2013

In Person Autograph Recap: 4/10/13 - Diamondbacks vs. Pirates

On April 4th the Diamondbacks beat the St. Louis Cardinals in 16 innings at what is the longest ever game at Chase Field. The game lasted 5 hours and 32 minutes. The D-Backs next played in Milwaukee, but the Diamondbacks offered $5.32 upper level tickets for the next home series which happened to be against the Pirates to commemorate the 5 hour and 32 minute game. I took advantage of the promotion and got tickets for myself and two of my boys for the Wednesday day game. I took the day off work and took my oldest out of school early and we enjoyed a great day of baseball!

The game started at 12:40 pm. We got to the stadium about noon and tried to go down to the field for autographs but the usher said, "Can I see your tickets?" I told him that we were just going to go down to the field for autographs. He said that they were all done signing autographs and that the game was about to start; that it was almost 12:30. I told him that the game didn't start until 12:40 and he said "Yeah, 12:40, but there done signing autographs." I don't know if that was his first day on the job or what, because I knew that players sometimes sign right up until the game starts. We ended up going one section over and I asked the usher if we could go down to try to get autographs and he said we could. 

Aaron Hill was the first player to come over and sign, but we didn't have anything for him. Paul Goldschmidt came over next and we had a card for him so we got that signed. Then Gerardo Parra came over and he signed a card for both of my boys. After that we left and went to our seats. I thanked the usher that let us go down and told him that we had gotten Goldschmidt and Parra's autographs. I should have gone over to the other usher and said something, but I didn't. 


I was looking at some of the pictures from the game and noticed that one of the pictures is of Parra signing autographs before the game. You can see my son right in front of Parra. He's wearing a red shirt and has on glasses.  



My boys also got Baxter's autograph during the game. The D-Backs won 10-2 and we had a great time!


2 comments:

  1. That's cool! You should try to contact Jordan Meganhardt (the photo credit) to get a copy of the photo. It would be cool to fram that shot up with the card your son got signed that day.

    ReplyDelete