Friday, September 27, 2013

The Chicken

So I picked this card up out of a dime box recently at my LCS. I don't remember ever seeing it before and I thought it was cool.

After reading the back I had to google "The Baseball Bunch". I had no idea that the tv show ever existed as I was too young when it aired, but it sounds awesome! Anyone remember watching it?

Also, I thought about sending the card off to the address provided for an autograph just to see what would happen, but after doing a little research I found a current address, so I might send it there.



4 comments:

  1. Oh, the puns on the back of the card just made me groan out loud. Pretty neat card though! Let us know if you decide to send it off for a TTM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen "The Baseball Bunch"... It starred Johnny Bench, The Chicken and a bunch of kids. I was a little TOO old for it, as I was in high school at the time, but it was baseball-related so I ended up watching a couple. It was pretty good for a kids show. You can probably find clips on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Baseball Bunch, they had pro players on all the time and you can never dislike a show that stars Johnny Bench and the San Diego Chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loved The Baseball Bunch. Head over to YouTube... there are clips and I think at least one full episode. I grew up watching that on Saturday mornings during the early 80's.

    By the way... nice dime box find. Those 1982 to 1984 Donruss Chicken cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete