Monday, June 2, 2014

Godzilla

I saw the movie Godzilla today. When I say "I saw" I mean I saw it by myself. I usually don't see movies by myself, but I actually don't mind it like some people. My wife was in Vegas all weekend for a girls trip and so I had my kids all to myself for 3 days. I took today off to attend my kids awards assembly this morning, so after the assembly and a trip to the pediatrician (my middle son has strep throat) and a subsequent trip to Dairy Queen for a $5 lunch deal (great deal, by the way), I went to the movies by myself as a reward for making it through the weekend.



I picked Godzilla because I had a free ticket from a Red Robin promotion. It's been out for several weeks and hasn't gotten great reviews, but I actually liked it. I'm pretty easy to please though. If you've seen Godzilla, let me know what you thought.

When I think of Godzilla, I think of a huge fire breathing monster and of Hideki Matsui.  Here's the back of his 2008 Goudey card that mentions his Godzilla nickname.


I went through my Yankees cards and pulled out some cards. While going through my Yankees cards I pulled out the cards of another player that I'm going to start collecting. Any guesses as to who it might be?

















1 comment: