Wednesday, October 1, 2014

2004 Sweet Spot Classic

One of my friends gave me his collection (minus the majority of his autos and relic cards) recently. He collected as a kid, so there are some cards from the early 90's and the majority was boxes from 2002 - 2006. Mostly baseball, but there was some basketball. 

He left all the stuff in the boxes that he opened, so it was almost like doing a box break going through the stuff, minus opening the actual packs.

He had one box of 2004 Sweet Spot Classic. I'm a sucker for older players on newer cards. I love them, so this set really appeals to me.

I went ahead and put the cards in order. The base set is only 90 cards. I have 43 out of the 90 with no doubles, so I'm almost halfway done. I'm going to go after the set.

I scanned the cards in order and planned on posting them in order as well, but Blogger didn't agree with me. 

The last three cards are short prints and are each numbered differently to a year that is referenced on the card.  















































3 comments:

  1. That Cy Young wouldn't be #99 would it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking set. That Jimmy Wynn is real purdy. I'll have to track that one down.

    ReplyDelete