Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Two (maybe three) more bobbleheads for the collection!

I got these two D-Backs bobbleheads last week as an early Christmas present to myself. One is a dual bobblehead, hence the "maybe three" in the title of the post.

Including these two, I was able to add 18 D-Backs bobbleheads to my collection this year. 10 from previous years and the 8 that were issued this year. Only 7 more to go!




















This Paul Goldschmidt/Patrick Corbin dual bobblehead was available only to season ticket holders. It was available for purchase when they were renewing their season ticket package. I can't remember the price now, but I'm pretty sure they were somewhere between $25 - $45.

My LCS has two, but at $59 I was hoping to find them for a better price on ebay. I've been looking at them over the past several months and finally found one that I was able to get a good deal on.

This Luis Gonzalez bobblehead was issued on August 7, 2010 when the D-Backs retired his #20. I put in the minimum bid on this one and won it. I really like the design, but the quality has some serious issues.

His left arm is glued in weird where it shows a small gap. The piece that has his number 20 on it and the white tile that has the date on it are also glued weird. The painting of the pinstripes is really bad. 

But I'm still glad to add it to my collection. 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I don't think I've seen that Gonzo one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked out well for him but I was sorry the Cubs didn't keep Luis. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete