Tuesday, June 30, 2015

3000 Hit Club Bat Card Collection: Tris Speaker

I'm getting close to completing my 3,000 Hit Club Bat Card Collection. Cap Anson does not have any bat cards so that leaves me with only needing Derek Jeter and Honus Wagner, after picking up this Tris Speaker bat card off comc.com.


Tris Speaker played for the Red Sox, Indians, Senators, and Athletics between 1907 and 1928.

Speaker ended his career with a .345 career batting average and still holds the record for most career doubles (792) and outfield assists (449).

I'm hoping that my birthday will yield some funds that I can put towards a Honus Wagner bat card as well as a Jeter so I can finish up this project which I started over 3 years ago.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Very cool project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you've almost accomplished this. Good luck with the last two!

    ReplyDelete