Saturday, September 19, 2015

The Joy of Collecting Baseball Cards

I picked up this 1954 Topps card for the Topps Page-A-Year binder that I've been working on. It's my 5th 1954 Topps card so I just need 3 more to complete the page. 

There was no mistake in me picking this card, just a happy accident. 



















Floyd Robert "Bob" Ross spent parts of 1950 and 1951 with the Senators. He spent 1952 and 1953 with in the Army during the Korean War. Even though he got a 1954 Topps card, Ross didn't see time in the majors again until 1956 with the Phillies.

4 comments:

  1. It's always a plus to pick up a new Senators card. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the happy little clouds and happy little trees?

    That's a nice card. I've been toying with the idea of building up some of my 1950's cards, and I like the "page a year binder" idea... I'll have to give that some serious thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing about about the happy little clouds.

      Delete