Saturday, June 4, 2016

I love the 90's - Tom Chambers

A week or so ago the Suns held an autograph signing at a local grocery store. It was a 90's theme. The autograph signer was former Suns player and current analyst Tom Chambers.

There are less than 40 NBA players who have scored 20,000+ points and Tom Chambers is one of them. He averaged 18.1 points per game over his career and scored a career high 60 points in a game in 1990. He was a 4 time all-star and garnered All-Star MVP honors in 1987 when he scored 34 points in a game that featured the likes of Jordan, Bird, Magic, Dr. J., Isiah Thomas, Charles Barkley, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

We got a couple of cards signed and some of the photos that they provided.



Tom really liked this card. You can tell by his face in the photo below. He asked my son if he knew why he liked it so much. My son had no idea. Tom told him it's because he was shooting with his left hand and he's right handed. He told my son he would give him $10 if he knew who the player was that he was shooting over. Again, my son had no idea. It was Bleu Edwards of the Jazz. 



Here's a picture of my kids with the 6 foot 10 inch Tom Chambers.


The 90's theme continued as they were doing a drawing for tickets to an upcoming I love the 90's concert.























Both my wife and I entered the drawing. A few days later I got a call from the Suns notifying me that I won. The prize includes a limo ride to the concert, $100 restaurant gift card, as well as two lower level tickets to the concert on June 10th. Should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the win! Pretty cool that he took the time to interact with your kids.

    ReplyDelete