Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas Cards

On my side of the family we drew names this year for Christmas. This year we included some of my older nieces and nephews and my name was drawn by one of my nephews. 

He bought me baseball cards. Not sure where he got them. He bought me a 600 ct box and a few packs from the late 80's and early 90's (1989 Score, 1990 Upper Deck, 1991 Fleer, 1991 Stadium Club, 1993 Leaf, stuff like that).

This was the best card from the packs.


It was fun to open a few packs and go through a bunch of cards on Christmas. These were the only baseball cards I got for Christmas.

Check out a small sampling of what I got.

Here are couple cards that I thought featured cool photos.

Sweet shot at the batting cage.


Check out all the umbrellas in the stands.


There were cards for my mini collections. This is from the 1991 Upper Deck Final set and I don't remember ever seeing it before, but it fits my doughnut collection.


The oldest cards were from 1981...


...and the newest are from 2017.


There were some Hall of Famers.







Cool rookie card of Leon Roberts.


I went to the same high school as Tim Salmon, so I've always been a fan. Thought this was a cool photo!


I remember when this card was a really sought after card.
Like I said, it was fun going through a bunch of cards on Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Cool nephew. Wish mine would hook me up with baseball cards. That 1981 Fleer Billy Martin pretty much epitomizes my childhood. 81F was the first set I ever owned. And Billy Martin was the most entertaining manager I've ever seen in person.

    ReplyDelete