Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Cards from A Cracked Bat

A week ago Monday I pulled up to my mailbox after a long day at work and pulled out a care package, a trade, an ebay purchase, and a ttm. It was a good day at the box. I showed off the ebay purchase and the ttm already because they were just single cards, but now let's take a look at the care package that Julie from A Cracked Bat sent. Tomorrow I'll share the trade with Marcus from All the way to the backstop.

Julie and I have traded several times in the past and now just send cards to each other from time to time, like many of us bloggers do. Julie sent out a bunch of packages recently and I was the recipient a bunch of awesome D-Backs including these 2018 Heritage cards.





A near complete base team set that features all the base cards, except for JD Martinez (which I got in the package from Marcus the same day) and the two Leaders cards that feature D-Backs pitchers Greinke and Ray as well as a Paul Goldschmidt All-Star card. 

So not only did I get a team set, but I added two new Goldschmidt cards to my collection. Thank you Julie!

Here's a nice trio of Justin Upton cards. 


Here are a couple of sweet purple parallels from Toys R Us. With Toys R us going out of business, these will be a thing of the past. I wouldn't consider myself "a Toys R Us kid" although I grew up in the 80's. I loved GI Joe as a young kid and had a bunch of toys, but by the time I was 8 all I wanted was baseball cards, so spent more time at card shops than I did Toys R Us.


These Arizona Fall League cards are pretty cool. I wish I could go to more games, but most of the games are during the day, so it makes it tough.


Last, but not least is this slabbed 2001 Fleer Authority Junior Spivey RC numbered to 2001.


Spivey played in 72 games for the 2001 Diamondbacks, but was not on their postseason roster that year when they won the Word Series. As the previous World Series winning manager Bob Brenly picked Spivey for the 2002 NL All-Star team, along with 5 other Diamondbacks (Schilling, Johnson, Kim, Gonzalez, and Miller). Spivey was traded to the Brewers in 2004 and by 2006 Spivey was out of major league baseball. Spivey was a fan favorite in AZ and still comes back for Alumni games.

Thank you so much Julie for some great D-Backs cards!

1 comment:

  1. Been meaning to send that Spivey to you for awhile now. around the time i stopped collecting, i had a brief relationship with slabbed cards. I believe Spivey came from that affair. <8^0

    ReplyDelete